Why should you learn how to relax fast? Because stress is more than just unpleasant. It’s also
dangerous. Many diseases are now known to be caused by or made worse by stress, but you can do something about it. Just try these relaxation techniques today, and use them whenever you feel that tension coming on.
1. Have a hot shower- The hot water relaxes your muscles, and the break from more stressful
activities helps too.
2. Play relaxing music- Experiment to see which music relaxes you the most effectively. Then keep your favorite relaxation CD at the of}ce, or wherever you’ll need it most.
3. Have a laugh- Of course, you know from experience that this helps you relax, right? Find
the guy that knows all the best jokes, or just find something funny in front of you.
4. Go somewhere else- This really helps if the things stressing you out are in the room or
associated with it. Why not get out for a little while?
5. Have a cup of chamomile tea- Chamomile seems to have a calming effect on the nerves,
and hot drinks in general can help you relax.
6. Take a walk- Walking is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten
minutes to spare. Find a pretty place to walk while you’re at it.
7. Watch your mind- If you can spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger,
worry, a phone call you need to make), you can resolve them and feel more relaxed.
8. Breath deep through your nose- Just close your eyes and pay attention only to your
breathing while doing this. Five slow deep breaths is like a mini-meditation
9. Give someone a hug- As long as it’s from somebody you don’t mind hugging, this really
can be very relaxing
10. Interrupt your routine- Stop to talk to that guy sleeping on the bench, or eat lunch on the
roof. Anything that breaks you out of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
Over time you can change to be more relaxed. Of course, if the thought of the work involved in
this just stresses you more, you might want to take it slow. In the meantime, the relaxation
techniques above really aren’t difficult, so why not try a few, and learn how to relax fast.
We hope you find these tips on how to relax fast useful.
The CNI Team